Amazon

Friday 13 March 2020

Practical way of saving money on food and drink purchases

I admit I rarely go through bank statements to check my bits and bobs spending but of late, due to unemployment, I find myself watching the pennies more than ever. After forcing myself to add up all the food and drink purchases over a month on the bank statement I was shocked to see how much I was spending.

So I have cut out any bottles of wine purchases which will save me around £140 per month based on one a day for a £5-£6 priced bottle. After three weeks without wine I don't even fancy it anymore. The savings and my health feel more beneficial. I treat myself to the odd bottle of beer though.

Instead of throwing away receipts without really looking at them (as if I am made of money) I have been saving all my receipts in a clear plastic envelope and at the end of the month I will add them up.



I have also been paying for items with cash when I have it to hand and this really makes you think about what you are spending rather than just banging the purchase on a card.

Also, I have been shopping around to get the best value deals and recently discovered that one of my faves, pain au chocolat are only 49p each fresh from the Lidl bakery! In my local Co-Op store they are £1 each.

Lidl pastries.

Phil 

No comments: