Amazon

Wednesday 7 October 2020

A simple home-made chicken soup.

Home made chicken soup. Into a large tureen I put the cooked chicken bones of a previously roasted chicken with some cold water and I introduced a couple of bay leaves then boiled the carcass for three quarters of an hour. I sieved the liquid via a colander into a smaller saucepan and the cooked bits of meat were removed (picked off) once it had cooled. To the liquid and added the scraps of chicken and added more cooked chicken from the original carcass. I chopped some spring onions, shredded a small piece of ginger and three cloves of garlic. Earlier on I had put some frozen sweetcorn in a bowl of cold water to defrost. Once it had defrosted I added the sweet corn and a finely chopped chilli pepper. Now I seasoned the soup with plenty of salt and pepper and warmed it through. Delicious. I liked this so much I had two bowls!



No comments: