Amazon

Thursday 22 October 2009

Mint sauce, mustard and horseradish sauce

Whenever I cook a meat based dish I love to add some mustard, horseradish or mint sauce where appropriate and even though the mustard or horseradish invariably makes me sneeze I still love them.



English and Dijon mustard

As I child I remember making mint sauce and adding vinegar and a spoon of sugar and we would serve it in it's own little bowl not straight from the jar. Mustard in my childhood household was Colman's English mustard and came in a tube like toothpaste. Dijon mustard would have been unheard of!




Horseradish sauce and mint sauce

Today I cooked a simple dish of new potatoes, french beans and two lamb chops cooked in olive oil and a sprig of rosemary from the garden with mint sauce of course.




today's lunch

3 comments:

feasting-on-pixels (terrie) said...

This sauce sounds great...
I just made some Wasabi sauce for my King Crab legs I am having tonight.
Hope you are well...hugs...TM

Janette said...

Mint sauce always reminds me of when I was little and I used to sit on my Dad's knee and help him eat his tea. I always used to have to eat the potatoes very quickly as he put mint sauce on them and I couldn't stand the stuff!

Phil Lowe said...

TM. the hot wasabi sauce sounds great and maybe you can help me on my next post about dressing a crab. Please.

Poor Janette, fancy being forced to like mint sauce.