Amazon

Friday 31 May 2013

Thai chicken curry and plain boiled rice

Using coconut milk and thick double cream, delicate spring onions, lime leaves, ginger and garlic puree, lemon grass and tamarind as a curry base I cooked up some succulent breast of chicken and field mushrooms in butter and made a fabulous curry with plain boiled rice. To the paste I added a bag of flat leaved coriander (chopped and stalks discarded). This was a wonderful subtle curry with the benefits of all the ingredients being fresh. The whole thing cost me seven pound! Half the price of a take away and utterly scrummy!

 
Chopped chicken breast and mushrooms cooking gently in salted butter.

 
 
 
yellow poppies outside as I cook

 
Looks good and smells fragrant.

 
"Oh God yes!!!!"

 
Thumbs up!

 
So nice!

3 comments:

Karenjane said...

Yummy - I often make a Thai green curry, but usually use a ready made paste, & simply add coconut milk (or some of that solid coconut cream) & perhaps extra coriander & ginger. It'a good cold too, if you have any left over. I like it for breakfast!

Unknown said...

I cooked a simple curry last night using ironically a jar of Patak's sauce. It was quite nice, but not really hot enough for me, although Gail said that it was a little warm for her.

You can't beat a good ruby and a nice drop of real ale

Judith said...

Yummers!