Amazon

Saturday 26 December 2015

European Christmas Dinners. Stage Five. Roast Duck and Beef Roast from Karlsruhe!


“Hi Phil, sorry we have no pictures of the meals but I was so busy with meeting with my family and my godson. However, I will try to describe it for you." Lena and Sascha xx Fondest greetings from Karlsruhe!!!!
 
 

"Lieber Phil, on Christmas Eve my mum made duck with red cabbage and dumplings – this is a very typical Christmas dinner in our part of Germany. Traditionally we would have it with Spätzle and Rotkohl as I have  already described. The duck is spiced with salt, pepper and sometimes paprika. The whole meal can also be served with mashed potatoes, asparagus and green beans too. It is especially nice to find baked apple sauce around the pork. Lecker!!!

Yesterday my boyfriend Sascha made almost the same as you made in England!!!! This is a special roast that is called Rollbraten in German. With it we had potatoes, mit Bratensoße (delicious roast gravy) fresh vegetables and a sauce of green pepper.

Typisches Rollbraten.

All the best to you for Christmas and we very much look forward to seeing you in May 2016!

Lena and Sascha. Karlsruhe. Germany.

No comments: