Amazon

Sunday 5 April 2009

A Sunday treat for you.


It’s a lovely sunny day today and almost time to get the BBQ out of the shed. As well as writing about food, learning about and eating it I can often be found photographing food and drink items at home or whilst out shopping here in the UK or abroad. I just love the flavours, colours and textures and sometimes the tempting aromas.

For a treat today I want to show you all my tempting food photos on my flickr site. Have a look at them HERE A lot of them are things that I love to prepare and eat in my own kitchen. I would to love hear what you think of them all, or any particular ones that appeal to you.

Please be aware that all the photos are copyright © Phil Lowe.

6 comments:

Janette said...

Oh Phil, you naughty boy, I'm supposed to be on a diet, now I can't stop thinking about food! PS Love the new picture at the top!

StGeorgeOfEngland said...

Yum!

I am a food freak Phil and, like you, I have to watch that I don't go mad and pile on the pounds.
The pictures were great. As much as I detest garlic, the monochrome of the three bulbs was my fave shot.
I am now learning Minnesotan traditional cooking in preparation for going over to cook Christmas dinner. I relented and agreed to cook traditional American only if they ate my traditional English roast beef dinner on New Years Day.
My tastes are varied and I love to experiment with new things. A fave of mine is a seasoning known as 'blackening' used in America. I canont tell you the secret recipe or my girls mum (mom) will skin me alive. It is used on fish like tuna or salmon and also on beef steak. It gives a delicious spicy coating when the food is fried in a little oil. None of your George Forman take all the fat and taste away cooking, just a good honest frying pan.
Maybe when I mix up my next batch I will save you a small container to try.
If I can find it, I will post a pic of a blackened salmon meal that I made a while ago and post it on my flickr page.

Happy eating.
G.

French Fancy... said...

It was lovely watching all those little thumbnails load and how colourful they looked. Lucky you - having Jo and her jam next door.

Phil Lowe said...

Thanks Guy (blackening) and FF. I will tell Jo she has been noted for her jam right now.

Anonymous said...

Plum crumble for me please,

GG

feasting-on-pixels (terrie) said...

These pastries look delicious...
Joyeux Pâques to you, cher Phil...
Bisous...xxx